…Jeanette at J-Gamble Food Blog! Her submission of an apricot tart with blueberry creme fraiche ice cream from The Slanted Door looks absolutely scrumptious!
“Explosion of flavors with a delicate balance of sweet from the peaches and blueberry and savory in the pie crust. The ingredients are carefully selected locally giving vibrant/fresh flavor. The blueberry ice-cream was light and fluffy.” – Jeanette
She’ll receive a box filled with some of my favorite San Francisco treats! Thanks to everyone who participated, and keep a lookout for the next installment of The Great San Francisco Goodies Giveway!
Between my previous blog and Vittle Monster, this is officially my 1000th post, yay!!! And to celebrate the occasion, I’ve decided to have my very first Giveaway!
I’ve assembled a few of my favorite San Francisco goodies to mail to the contest winner. Here’s what’s included in this prize valued at over $45:
- 4505 Meats chicharrones. Omg, these bad boys are the best fried pork skins ever!
- Papalote Mexican Grill roasted tomato salsa. The Mission location is blocks from my house and is always packed. If this salsa can beat Bobby Flay on Food Network’s Showdown, then you know it kicks ass!
- Four Barrel brass tacks blend coffee. This coffee shop is hipster central, and we can all be sure that hipsters know great coffee!
- Yank Sing chili XO sauce. Mix this with some soy sauce and chili paste and you can have your own dim sum party worthy of this iconic SF restaurant.
- Clairesquares milk chocolate bar. These Irish shortbread squares are handcrafted and worth every calorie!
- TCHO new American chocolates. “One of the 5 best food finds of the year” by Food and Wine, this Embarcadero based start-up is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Sunbud Bakery buckwheat cookies with chocolate and currants. These cookies are SO tasty, you’d never know they were on the “healthy” side. Shhh!
You know you want it, so do this!
Send an email to Vittle Monster of a pic of an AMAZING meal/dish/snack you’ve recently had. Describe what it was and why it was SO awesome in 50 words or less, so be creative! (Don’t worry, email addresses will only be used to contact the winner and will not be archived or used for any other promotions, etc. Cause that would suck!)
You have a week to submit an entry before a group of “foodie” co-workers and I vote on a winner!
Good luck! And check back for the next SF Goodies Giveaway!
(If you would like an email notification of future SF Goodies Giveaways, lemme know.)
1. One entry person.
2. Submission deadline is Friday, September 7, 2012. Winner will be announced Tuesday, September 11, 2012 and will be contacted by email to confirm mailing address.
3. Prize will only be mailed within the United States. Foreign entries must designate a U.S. mailing address if chosen as winner. (So hey, surprise a friend!)